Tuesday, June 16, 2009

As You Puppet

My friend, Saul, is a film editor. Consequently, as is the case with most Torontonians who work in film and television these days, he relies on more than just editing to make a living.
He has a lot in interests and talents and somehow... well, I'll just quote his email:
"I took to writing orchestral music as a hobby several years ago. The hobby was working itself out and I was a happy clam.
Nevertheless, it comes as a genuine surprise to me that I've just written the score for a Toronto Fringe Festival show. It's called "As You Puppet," and it's aimed at young kids.
The sound is large-scale, melodic and orchestral - not exactly "kid's music" (whatever that is), but rather something for the kid in all of us."
Sounds intriguing to me!
It's being mounted in our area, at the theatre in the Palmerston library, so I thought you and your budding thespians might want to catch it. Here's the scoop:
As You Puppet
by William Shakespeare
Palmerston Library Theatre - 560 Palmerston Ave.
presented by Hank’s Toy Box Theatre from Toronto, ON
Stuffed animals spring to life! When a clever bear named Rosalind is banished by her evil uncle Frederick the crocodile, she and her best kitten friend Celia run away to the forest in search of adventure. Meet a giant orangutan, a prissy hippo, a brave teddy, and a comical bunny named Touchstone in Shakespeare’s “As You Like It” for kids!
Director: Ken MacDougall & Tom McHale
Cast: Jane McClelland & Mike Petersen
Audience: Ages 5+
55 min.
Shows run from July 2 to 12.
Cheers,
Vanessa

No comments: