Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Classic Films and Recent Can't-Miss Movies at The Bloor

I don't know about you, but I go to movie theatres less and less frequently. Maybe it's my age, or because I have satellite TV that offers scads of films and shows, or the spiraling costs. (When babysitters were necessary, heading out for a flick on a Saturday night could cost about $75, factoring in popcorn.)
But The Bloor Cinema lures me into "doing a show" every once in awhile. It might be because it's so close, but I think it's also because it's so reasonably priced and serves great popcorn.
Oh, and then there's the movies! I'm often miss first-run movies because of my crazy schedule, but I can catch them on a big screen at The Bloor.
For instance, today at 4:15 the much-buzzed-about The Social Network is screening, followed by Woody Allen's You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger at 7 pm and the also buzz-worthy Never Let Me Go at 9 pm.
And there are some classics lined up for this month, too. Lately I've been enjoying revisiting some fabulous older movies with by barely teen children.
This month you can catch Jaws, Vertigo, the Indiana Jones movies, Amelie and the Godfather series at the Bloor, among other classics.
Happy screening!
Vanessa



No comments: