Sunday, August 1, 2010

Corn Roast at St. Lawrence Market Next Saturday

It's not in our neighbourhood and Kensington is closer, but I still have to go to St. Lawrence Market once in awhile.
I used to go in the wee, wee hours with my Dad when I was quite wee myself and it has a special place in my heart.
It's so vital and bustling now, no-doubt bolstered by the business from condo dwellers, that it's hard to believe there ever was talk of closing it.
I just learned that next weekend -- August 7th -- the market hosts an Annual Corn Roast from 11 am to 3 pm.
Imagine the sights and smells during that! And the corn is free. Here's the scoop from the official news release:
"Come visit the St. Lawrence Market on August 7, for the Annual Corn Roast. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. the Market will be offering complimentary hot roasted corn on the cob. Enjoy special discounts from selected vendors and see a display of a miniature farm with live animals by Uncle Jorge, a farmer at the Saturday Market.
Enter a free raffle to win one of 10 St. Lawrence Market Gift Certificates worth $200, until August 7. Tickets are available at any vendor in the South Market and on Saturdays in the North Market. Winners will be announced on August 14, 11 a.m. at the Market Kitchen."
Enjoy!
Vanessa

No comments: