Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ted Leo, the Wonder Cat


I'm feeling sentimental about kitties this week because my great, grey beauty died. That's Koko sprawled out, below, in all her bold, sassy glory.
She was unique, to put it mildly, but I have to say that the most unique cat that I have ever known belongs to my tenants. The orange feline pictured at right is Ted Leo.
You may know him. A lot of people do because he wanders the neighbourhood, spreading good cheer. People have told me that they've found him in their home, comfortable as a bug in a rug. How did he get in? Mystery.
People have called his owners (his address and phone # are on his cat collar) to gush about him and to let them know that he's okay because his "visits" can last awhile.
A neighbour told me that he wandered, fearless, into the deep, deep construction hole created when Royal St. George's dug up its parking lot. The construction workers were marvelling about his complete lack of fear around them, let alone massive, noisy equipment.
I thought that I'd seen and heard it all about Ted until someone slipped a love note to him through my mail slot last week. He is the first non-famous kitty I've known to receive a fan letter.
The note was from a couple on the street who Ted recently had visited; they just wanted to say that they enjoyed his visit very much and he could come back any time.
So don't be surprised if you bump into Ted and he walks right into your life. Consider yourself lucky to have hooked up with the wanderlust-filled feline who's a "oner."
Cheers,
Vanessa




No comments: