Thursday, November 10, 2011

NOW's Take On The Best of the Annex

NOW Magazine does a "best of" issue every year. I agree with most of the restaurants, stores and services listed as "best of" in The Annex, such as Midoco as the best art supply store and Harbord Bakery as the best bakery.
The latter winner, BTW, illustrates that they played fast and loose with the boundaries of The Annex, which I also think is proper. After all, most of us make the trek to Harbord without thinking, "I'm leaving the area."
I don't know enough about some of the categories to make a comment about the winners, but it's interesting that there are 62 categories and 37 of them involve food and drink.
Cheers,
Vanessa

1 comment:

Mary deB said...

That's what we do in the neighbourhood, isn't it, eat and drink? Funny that the Bloor cinema won, when it has been closed for a while! But I guess it *is* the best rep cinema in the Annex...