Saturday, September 12, 2009

Toronto Tree Portraits Calendar

Okay, I have to confess: I am a planner. And an organizer.
Therefore, I am one of those thoroughly annoying people who have most of their Christmas shopping done prior to turning over the December page on the calendar.
Feel free to hate me.
In my defense, it allows me to enjoy the multitude of December activities with more energy and zest and it means that I don't have to shop among hordes and throngs of people. Unless I want to, that is. I find that I keep one or two gifts on my "to buy" list and go out and get them on a day in December when I'm in the mood to enjoy the bustle of Christmas shopping.
But I digress... one gift that I've ordered in years past for friends and co-workers is the Toronto Tree Portraits calendar from the Toronto Parks and Trees Foundation. The calendar always is chock full of stunning portraits of Hogtown's more majestic trees.
This year, in honour of Toronto's 175th anniversary as an incorporated city, TO's oldest and largest trees will be featured.
The calendars are $15, shipping is free if you order more than three, the foundation makes some money and you cross some names off your gift list. It's a win-win-win-win situation.
I think it's also a more interesting gift for a co-worker or a teacher than a mug or cookies.
Cheers,
Vanessa

No comments: